After delayed payment of stimulus check September 2023, nine out of twenty states of America have decided to organise a fourth round of stimulus check in November 2023. They have already initiated the distribution of stimulus check payments through Economic Impact Payments(EIP) program to the citizens who are eligible to receive these payments. The eligibility of the citizens who will receive stimulus check payments is based on four criteria said by the Internal Revenue System (IRS).
According to the information provided by Internal Revenue System(IRS),
following are the 4 criteria –
- Individual who applied for IMPs must have adjusted gross income (AGI) of up to $75000.
- Heads of houses must have AGI up to $112,500.
- Married couples who filled jointly for IMPs must have AGI of up to $150,000.
- Parents or guardians who claimed at the time of filling that they dependent children are eligible for child tax credit.
They also provided benefit to the citizens whose income is greater than these specified criteria, they will not get the full stimulus check payment but they will definitely receive the partial payment. For this it is specified that for every $100 they will reduce $5 when the citizen’s AGI will exceed the maximum limit of Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).
Some states have also decided to pay stimulus check to some specified groups
After thinking about other citizens of US, some states of America have decided to pay stimulus checks to some specified group of citizens. These specified groups includes – workers, teachers and certain taxpayers.
- In their Return to Work program where citizens are joining new jobs, Arizona has decided to provide economic incentives to those new joiners.
- Excluded workers Fund has been established in New York in which they will provide unemployment payments to the worker who lost their jobs during Covid-19 pandemic and were not eligible for other stimulus programs.
The citizens who are eligible for every criteria of stimulus check payment will receive the payment varying from $250 to $3200 and those who belongs to specified groups will be paid from $500 to $2000 according to individual’s situation and eligibility.