Following A Two-Day Search, Jason Billingsley, A Convicted Criminal Accused Of Killing A Baltimore Company CEO, Was Arrested

After police made the announcement of his arrest late on Wednesday night, a major manhunt for the suspect in the murder of a young tech CEO in Baltimore came to an end.

Following A Two-Day Search, Jason Billingsley, A Convicted Criminal Accused Of Killing A Baltimore Company CEO, Was Arrested

According to FOX 45 Baltimore, officers located Jason Billingsley, 32, at the MARC Train Station on Laurel-Bowie Road in Bowie, Prince George’s County, Maryland, and reportedly detained him without incident around 11:10 p.m. Wednesday.

When Fox News Digital asked Baltimore police for more information about Billingsley’s arrest, they did not react right away, but they did say that a news conference about it will be held on Thursday at 11 a.m.

The 26-year-old CEO of EcoMap Technologies Pava Marie LaPere is accused of being killed by Billingsley. Pava Marie LaPere only recently won the Forbes 30 Under 30 award for social impact. She was reported missing at 11:34 a.m. on Monday and was later discovered dead with evidence of blunt force trauma inside an apartment complex in Baltimore’s 300 block of West Franklin Street.

During a news conference on Tuesday, Baltimore police named Billingsley as the alleged culprit, sparking a vigorous hunt for the convicted felon who “will do anything he can to cause harm,” according to Acting Police Commissioner Richard Worley.

Billingsley “will kill and he will rape,” according to Worley, who urged the populace to be vigilant.

Billingsley has a criminal past that dates back to 2009, when he was found guilty of first-degree assault and violating his probation, according to court records obtained by Fox News Digital. Both came with a five- and three-year sentence, respectively.

On February 4, 2015, he was also found guilty of a first-degree forcible sex offence for which he had been detained since July 11, 2013, and he was given a sentence of 30 years in prison. After receiving 16 years of suspended sentence and five years of parole, he was allowed to leave jail in October 2022.

There’s no way in hell he should have been out on the street, according to Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott, who said that on Tuesday.

Billingsley is accused with first-degree murder and assault in connection with LaPere’s death.

According to Baltimore police, he is also wanted in relation to an attempted murder, an arson, and a rape that took place in the 800 block of Edmondson Avenue on September 19.

If there was a motivation, it has not yet been disclosed, but according to Baltimore police, he had no connection to LaPere.

Leave a Comment