Cancer vaccines are biologics that stimulate or strengthen a person’s immune system against cancer. Cancer vaccines are usually administered intravenously. They are used for both adults and children. Lung, prostate, colorectal, cervical, and breast cancers remain the most common forms of cancer. This is creating higher demands for cancer vaccines across the globe. The high mortality rate associated with cancer and its resistance to conventional treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy has led to the adoption of other forms of cancer immunotherapy treatments.
The factors contributing to the growth of the market are the high prevalence rate of cancer globally, innovative cancer vaccines, and increasing healthcare expenditure in developing countries. Technological advancements in vaccine manufacturing are further augmenting the growth of the cancer vaccine market. The promising pipeline vaccines are expected to propel the growth of the market in the future. Increasing awareness for cancer therapies will augment the market growth. However, strict and complex regulatory policies delay the reach of vaccines in the market. The storage of vaccines adds extra maintenance costs as proper temperature conditions are needed for its storage. These are hindering the growth of the market.
The cancer vaccine market is segmented on the basis of type, end-user, and technology. On the basis of the type of cancer vaccines, the market is segmented into preventive and therapeutic vaccines. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into dendritic cell vaccines, conjugate vaccines, inactivated vaccines, live attenuated vaccines, recombinant vector vaccines, subunit vaccines, synthetic vaccines, and toxoid vaccines. Based on geography, North America dominates the market for cancer vaccines followed by Europe. This can be accounted to the presence of all the major life science companies in this region. Asia-Pacific region is estimated to be the fastest growing market for the forecast period due to its increasing healthcare expenditure in emerging countries such as India and China.
The companies contributing to the growth of global cancer vaccine market are AstraZeneca PLC, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Argos Therapeutics, Inc., Merck & Co. Inc., Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH, and Dendreon Pharmaceuticals LLC. In October 2017, Eli Lilly and Company and CureVac AG entered into a strategic alliance for the commercialization of five cancer vaccine products based on CureVac’s patent RNActive technology.
Read More Reports from our Database :
The market study of the global cancer vaccine market is incorporated by extensive primary and secondary research conducted by the research team at OMR. Secondary research has been conducted to refine the available data to break down the market in various segments, derive total market size, market forecast, and growth rate. Different approaches have been worked on to derive the market value and market growth rate. Our team collects facts and data related to the market from different geography to provide a better regional outlook. In the report, the country level analysis is provided by analyzing various regional players, regional tax laws and policies, consumer behavior, and macroeconomic factors. Numbers extracted from secondary research have been authenticated by conducting proper primary research. It includes tracking down key people from the industry and interviewing them to validate the data. This enables our analyst to derive the closest possible figures without any major deviations in the actual number. Our analysts try to contact as many executives, managers, key opinion leaders, and industry experts. Primary research brings the authenticity of our reports.
Secondary sources include
• Financial reports of companies involved in the market.
• Whitepapers, research-papers, and news blogs.
• An authentic database such as the National Society of Genetic Counselors, American Medical Association (AMA) and so on.
• Company websites and their product/ services catalog.
The report is intended for biotechnology and life science companies, research institutes and government organizations for overall market analysis and competitive analysis. The report provides in-depth analysis on market size, growth opportunity in the market, product types. The report will serve as a source for 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly integrating different models delivering insights into the market for better business decisions.
1. Global cancer vaccine market by type
2. Global cancer vaccine market by technology
3. Global cancer vaccine market by end-user
THE REPORT COVERS
• Comprehensive research methodology of global cancer vaccine market.
• This report also includes a detailed and extensive market overview with analyst insights & key market trends.
• An exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
• Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the global cancer vaccine market.
• Insights about market determinants which are stimulating the global cancer vaccine market.
• Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecasted revenues.
• Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players.
1. Arbutus Biopharma Corp.
2. Argos Therapeutics, Inc.
3. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
4. CureVac AG
5. Dendreon Pharmaceuticals LLC
6. Eli Lilly and Company
7. GE Healthcare Life Sciences
8. GlaxoSmithKline PLC
9. Immatics Biotechnologies GmbH
10. Immutep S.A.
11. Invectys SA
12. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
14. Merck & Co. Inc.
15. Mitsubishi Tanabe
16. Moderna, Inc.
17. NantWorks, LLC
19. Novartis International AG
20. OncBioMune Pharmaceuticals Inc.
21. Pfizer, Inc.
22. Roche Holding AG
23. Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company Ltd.
24. Targovax ASA
25. Vaxil Bio Ltd.
26. ViciniVax BV
27. Virometix AG